All of the below information and operating plans are subject to change. Please check back in the days before your visit to make sure you know what to expect when you arrive. This will help you maximize your time with us, and hopefully make for a fun and easy experience.
We know, we're the worst. We normally get sales going in August, but with the global pandemic and a quickly changing social and political climate it's been difficult to pin down what to expect. We're big fans of setting expectations. And why would we sell you something when we don't know what to expect with it? Thus, here's some of our plan as it stands today:
Online & Advance Purchases
"To buy a pass, or not to buy a pass, that is the question." - Bill Shakespeare, probably.
It's a wild time, we get it! There are a lot of questions about how COVID-19 will impact the winter season ahead. We certainly can't predict the future, but we're hopeful that we'll be able to take some proper precaution, change some things, and operate through the season. The changes we've outlined below may change, for better or worse. But, no one knows. What we do know is that we value our guests. You all are massively, hugely, and incredibly important to us.
If COVID-19 shuts down operations or your travel plans change due to COVID-19, we will credit single day lift tickets and tubing reservations to another day. We won't be issuing refunds so if you are traveling from out of state or are not confident you will be able to visit Echo another day this season, we recommend making your online, advance reservation closer to the date of your visit.
For Season Passholders that have purchased their passes prior to the season's opening day, we will issue a full refund up to opening day for any reason. However, once we open for the Season, we will not offer refunds on Season Passes.
That said, we're planning for this season to be another great one, and we are working hard to make that possible. We've already taken a big leap by changing our operations to be more COVID-friendly, are feverishly making snow, and have fully gearing up for the season ahead. We hope you'll take the leap with us and come up with your Season Pass, Day Lift Ticket, or Tubing Reservation to enjoy another season of soft turns, big laughs, and tasty food.
- No Reservations: As of right now, we're not planning to require season passholders to make a reservation regardless of which pass product you purchase. That said, this is subject to change due to local, state or federal guidance or requirements.
- On Sale: via our online store. The number of certain season pass products sold may be limited. Some products may cease selling at any point.
- New Pass Options: Everyone's schedules are changing this year so to make room for more flexibility, we're introducing new pass options to save you money and get you more days on snow. #Value
- Returning Unlimited Passholders are able to purchase a 2020-2021 Unlimited Season Pass for the same starting price as last season.
- Online Advance Purchase Required: for all single and day lift ticket products. This will help reduce time in lines at the front desk and save folks money compared to buying on-site.
- # Of Lift Tickets Sold for certain days or nights may be limited to reduce capacity.
The IRL Experience
Clear Creek County has officially moved to Level Red on the COVID-19 Dial. As a result, only restroom facilities will be offered to guests indoors. There will be no public access to the Lodge, no Indoor Dining in the restaurant, and extremely limited capacity in the rental shop. Please plan ahead by dressing for the weather and prepared to spend the entirety of your visit outdoors.
- Face Coverings Required throughout the entire operation. Guests may remove face coverings while eating or drinking, otherwise, stay in Incognito Mode while moving through the Lodge, between the buildings, to and from your car, in the lift line and on the chair. Though not always the most comfortable thing, this feels like a pretty minimal sacrifice to helping us stay healthy and stay open.
- Physical Distancing Required in all parts of the operation- from the parking lot to the chairlift line - for all unrelated parties. We love that our guests often make new friends and enjoy each others company while spending time at Echo; this year, we'll just have to do it a little further apart.
- More Frequent Cleaning & Sanitization of our facilities, namely the Lodge tables, cubbies and bathrooms.
- Additional Staff to focus on on those increased cleaning efforts.
- Parking will be staggered to try to allow guests time to dress at their cars before heading out onto the hill.
- NO Capacity inside our Facilities specifically in the Lodge, the Brothers' Grille, the Front Desk and the Rental Shop. We are increasing our outdoor seating capacity on the Patio, in front of the Lodge and Cabin, between the buildings, and at Tubing Hill.
- Non-participants: We love you Grandma Betty and Uncle Joe, and we love that you want to come watch as the family ski or snowboard. Unfortunately, with the reduced capacity across the mountain, only those participating in skiing and riding will be allowed. No naps on the couches, curling up by the fire or pressing faces against the windows in the lodge (this one we're not sorry to see go). Hopefully, we'll get back to a point where we can lounge around and play cards after a long day skiing, but that won't be this season.
- New Menu in Brothers' Grille and Two Mile Pie: We'll be offering a lot more Grab and Go items for quick consumption so you can get back to the skiing, snowboarding and tubing experience.
- Reservations For Rentals: We are working to implement online reservations for rental equipment! Only guests renting equipment will be allowed in the Rental Shop, with an exception of 1 Adult (Parent/Guardian) per group to assist minors.
- Riding Hot Laps Special Triple: We encourage guests to pre-form groups of related parties to load the lift. 2 single unrelated individuals may ride the lift with an empty seat between them as long as face coverings are worn. Working together and communicating with our Lift Operators will make this as smooth as dry snow softly falling on a calm, cold winter night...sorry dazed off there. What was I saying? Oh yea, lifts. You don't have to ride together to ride together, you know what we're saying?