All of the below information and operating plans are subject to change. Please check back in the days before your visit to make sure you know what to expect when you arrive. This will help you maximize your time with us, and hopefully make for a fun and easy experience.
We know, we're the worst. We normally get sales going in August, but with the global pandemic and a quickly changing social and political climate it's been difficult to pin down what to expect. We're big fans of setting expectations. And why would we sell you something when we don't know what to expect with it? Thus, here's some of our plan as it stands today:
Online & Advance Purchases
"To buy a pass, or not to buy a pass, that is the question." - Bill Shakespeare, probably.
It's a wild time, we get it! There are a lot of questions about how COVID-19 will impact the winter season ahead. We certainly can't predict the future, but we're hopeful that we'll be able to take some proper precaution, change some things, and operate through the season. The changes we've outlined below may change, for better or worse. But, no one knows. What we do know is that we value our guests. You all are massively, hugely, and incredibly important to us.
If COVID-19 shuts down operations or your travel plans change due to COVID-19, we will credit single day lift tickets and tubing reservations to another day. We won't be issuing refunds so if you are traveling from out of state or are not confident you will be able to visit Echo another day this season, we recommend making your online, advance reservation closer to the date of your visit.
For Season Passholders, thank you for jumping into this with us! If we are mandated to close and our season is ended early due to COVID-19, we will offer credits towards a 2021-2022 Season Pass. We may encounter weather and other operational closures as part of any normal season so credits will not be offered if those challenges arise.
That said, we're planning for this season to be another great one, and we are working hard to make that possible. We've already taken a big leap by changing our operations to be more COVID-friendly, are feverishly making snow, and have fully gearing up for the season ahead. We hope you'll take the leap with us and come up with your Season Pass, Day Lift Ticket, or Tubing Reservation to enjoy another season of soft turns, big laughs, and tasty food.
- No Reservations: As of right now, we're not planning to require season passholders to make a reservation regardless of which pass product you purchase. That said, this is subject to change due to local, state or federal guidance or requirements.
- On Sale via our online store. The number of certain season pass products sold may be limited. Some products may cease selling at any point.
- New Pass Options: Everyone's schedules are changing this year so to make room for more flexibility, we're introducing new pass options to save you money and get you more days on snow. #Value
- Online Advance Purchase Required: for all single and day lift ticket products. This will help reduce time at the front desk and ensure you can visit on the day you desire.
- # Of Lift Tickets Sold for certain days or nights may be limited to reduce capacity.
- Online Advance Purchase Required for Rental Equipment. Rentals has always been a slow, detailed and individual-specific process and with restricted capacities, it could become that much more difficult. As a result, we are requiring rental equipment to be reserved online in advance of your arrival. This should also help us make sure we have the sizes you need or so you can make a plan to pick some gear up on your way here! Only guests renting equipment will be allowed in the Rental Shop, with an exception of 1 Adult (Parent/Guardian) per group to assist minors.
- Online Advance Purchase Required for Tubing Reservations. This isn't a change from previous seasons, but is that much more important this season. Please make sure to book online before you arrive so we can guarantee your spot!
The IRL Experience
Clear Creek County has officially moved to Level Blue on the COVID-19 Dial, but our State and County Approved Ski Area Operations plan is still in effect, with some slight modifications.
EXTREMELY LIMITED INDOOR SPACE:
On some days, we may have a table in the Loge available to participants ONLY with a valid Lift Ticket, Tubing or Shuttle reservation. Tables are first come, first serve and be available for up to 6 people for 25 minutes. Groups larger than 6 will have to be split between multiple tables.
We have some cubbies available for use near the Front Desk, but if you have anything valuable we recommend keeping those items on your person or locked in your vehicle. These are not lockers and are not secure.
Restrooms are available near the Front Desk as well, but guests will not be allowed to linger or wait for other members of their party in the Front Desk area.
There is no seating in the restaurant, and we have extremely limited capacity in the Rental Shop.
Please plan ahead by dressing for the weather and prepared to spend the near entirety of your visit outdoors.
- PLEASE STAY HOME IF YOU ARE SICK or have been experiencing the following symptoms in the last 10 days:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- Face Coverings Required throughout the entire operation.
Guests may remove face coverings while eating or drinking, otherwise, stay in Incognito Mode while moving through the Lodge, between the buildings, to and from your car, in the lift line and on the chair. Though not always the most comfortable thing, this feels like a pretty minimal sacrifice to helping us stay healthy and stay open.
- Physical Distancing Required in all parts of the operation
From the parking lot to the chairlift line - for all unrelated parties. We love that our guests often make new friends and enjoy each others company while spending time at Echo; this year, we'll just have to do it a little further apart.
- More Frequent Cleaning & Sanitization
of our facilities, namely the Lodge tables, cubbies and bathrooms.
- Additional Staff
to focus on on those increased cleaning efforts.
On busy days, cars may be staggered to try to allow guests time to dress at their cars before heading out onto the hill.
We love you Grandma Betty and Uncle Joe, and we love that you want to come watch as the family ski or snowboard. Unfortunately, with the reduced capacity across the mountain, only those participating in skiing and riding will be allowed. No naps on the couches, curling up by the fire or pressing faces against the windows in the lodge (this one we're not sorry to see go). Hopefully, we'll get back to a point where we can lounge around and play cards after a long day skiing, but that won't be this season.
- New Menu in Brothers' Grille and Two Mile Pie
We'll be offering a lot more Grab and Go items for quick consumption so you can get back to the skiing, snowboarding and tubing experience.
- Riding Hot Laps Special Triple
We encourage guests to pre-form groups of related parties to load the lift. 2 single unrelated individuals may ride the lift with an empty seat between them as long as face coverings are worn. Working together and communicating with our Lift Operators will make this as smooth as dry snow softly falling on a calm, cold winter night...sorry dazed off there. What was I saying? Oh yea, lifts. You don't have to ride together to ride together, you know what we're saying?