Ski Bike Policy
ECHO MOUNTAIN IS CLOSED FOR THE 2018.19 SEASON. OUR TARGET OPENING DATE FOR 2019/2020 IS NOVEMBER 29th.
SKI BIKING IS ONLY AVAILABLE ONCE CERTAIN SNOW CONDITIONS HAVE BEEN ACHIEVED, AND ONLY ON SPECIFIC RUNS.
PLAN ON CONTACTING US PRIOR TO YOUR VISIT TO CONFIRM.
Equipment: Equipment used will be designed for and fit for the intended purpose.
• Equipment should be designed for or fit for use by people on the snow.
• Skis or boards must have appropriate construction including metal edges.
• Attachments, pivots, connections must all be engineered solutions.
• An anti-runaway device (Leash) or restraint attached between the device and the rider (either with a breakaway link or removable when on chair lifts) must be present.
• An anti-drop device or restraint attached between the device and the chairlift (not attached to the rider) must be present for use on chairlifts where applicable (i.e. where the device can physically become separated from the rider and the chair and potentially be dropped).
* Chairlift safety bar must be used when transporting ski bikes
• No cut off skis with exposed square ends, unfinished fabrication or unnecessary protrusions.
• The device design should accommodate an acceptable rider solution for use on common ski lift types without impeding on the normal operation of the facility. The riders must be able to self-load and unload without slowing the lift down. The rider must sit on an outside position on the chair and must be able to slide/ride off the lift at the same pace as other customers, not walk off the ramp and not interfere with other guests. Foot traffic is not allowed on Echo Mountain lifts.
• The device must not be motorized for use with traditional ski/snowboard users.
Rider Skills & Rules: Just like our ski and snowboard riding customers, snowbike riders must obey the Colorado Skier Safety Act.
1. People ahead of you have the right of way. It is your responsibility to avoid them.
2. You must not stop where you obstruct a trail or are not visible from above.
3. Whenever starting downhill or merging into a trail, look uphill and yield to others.
4. Always use devices to help prevent runaway equipment.
5. Observe all posted signs and warnings. Keep off closed trails and out of closed areas.
6. Prior to using any lift, you must have the knowledge and ability to load, ride and unload safely. The rider must also be able to demonstrate a safe and acceptable solution for ski lift loading and unloading that is within the parameters of the ski lift design and operating standards which does not impede on other users. Rider must slide down the offloading ramp, not walk when getting off the lift.
Area Limitations: No ski bikes or other non-traditional equipment on the Stairway to Shreddin’.
Rider Knowledge: The rider will be able to demonstrate knowledge of the resorts normal safe skiing/riding policy for ski/snow bike use specific to the Echo Mountain.
• The rider must understand the resorts usual safe skiing and riding policy.
• The rider must know any and all safe use requirements specific to their equipment.
• The rider should demonstrate safe riding practices and awareness of other mountain users in their immediate vicinity at all times. A violation of this policy will result in your ski/snow bike riding privileges being revoked with no refund issued.
Echo Mountain Ski Patrol reserves the right to stop the activity that they deem dangerous to the customer or other customers. You must always obey their directions.